- November 7, 2016
- By admin
- In Uncategorized
As a new car owner, regular preventative maintenance is probably the most important thing you can do to keep your ride happy and save money on repairs in the near future. Unfortunately, not everyone is aware of what preventative maintenance is, what should do and when to do it.
If you’re the one among them, read this guide to keep your vehicle in a tip-top condition. A recent survey conducted by the National Car Care Council stated,
- 25% of cars had low or dirty engine oil.
- 13% had low or contaminated brake fluid.
- 18% had dirty air filters.
- 17% had inadequate cooling protection or low coolant levels.
- 16% needed new windshield wiper and 27% had low or contaminated washer fluid.
- 18% needed new belts
And overall, 89% of vehicles were in need of at least one visit to the nearby car mechanic shop in Marrickville.
Car Maintenance Basics
- Read your car owner’s manual, it has all the information on car maintenance as well as safety precautions.
- Keep all the fluids (Engine oil, transmission fluid, coolant etc.) clean and topped up.
- Follow regular maintenance schedule as instructed in the user manual. For example: brakes, air filter, ignitions, spark plugs, transmission etc. need to be regularly serviced at certain intervals.
- Check the tire pressure regularly
- Change the windshield wipers if they don’t work properly
- Wash and wax your car once in a while to keep your car looks shiny and protect it from corrosion
- If any car repair problem arises, contact the experienced car repair expert in Marrickville as soon as possible before they become more serious and require costly repairs.
Spending a little money, time and effort on these basic car maintenance tips will save you from more costly repairs later on.